Photo selling application

Hi all,    i'm doing my first ruby on rails work. I have to build a photo selling site. A photographer login, upload his photos and sells it. the photo will be protected in some particular way (i will use tags for this task).

My first problem is file upload. I want to let the user to be able to upload more photo at once (100-200). I see active upload, but it will upload many attachments to a model. My model is a photo, not a generic attachment. There is a solution other than active upload that i can use for my task?

thanks in advance,   nelson

i'm doing my first ruby on rails work. I have to build a photo selling site. A photographer login, upload his photos and sells it. the photo will be protected in some particular way (i will use tags for this task).

My first problem is file upload. I want to let the user to be able to upload more photo at once (100-200). I see active upload, but it will upload many attachments to a model. My model is a photo, not a generic attachment. There is a solution other than active upload that i can use for my task?

this may be useful...

http://swfupload.mammon.se/

Philip Hallstrom wrote:

i'm doing my first ruby on rails work. I have to build a photo selling site. A photographer login, upload his photos and sells it. the photo will be protected in some particular way (i will use tags for this task).

My first problem is file upload. I want to let the user to be able to upload more photo at once (100-200). I see active upload, but it will upload many attachments to a model. My model is a photo, not a generic attachment. There is a solution other than active upload that i can use for my task?      this may be useful...

http://swfupload.mammon.se/

Actually, just from a design perspective (and my using of photo sites), I would strongly recommend one of 3 things for this: 1. Either allow the photographer to upload a zip file with all the pictures in it 2. FTP access 3. Or give him a program (like Picasa) that uploads the pictures in the background from his computer

Just navigating and selecting 100 ~ 200 pictures to upload them is a real pain!

Cheers, Mohit. 11/2/2007 | 11:47 AM.