password_field helper

you're using a password field for a credit card number? Won't that make it difficult for the user to see what they're typing?

Mike

I don't think that's such a great idea.. First off, I don't know about you, but I don't have my credit card memorized, which means when I'm buying something, I've gotta take out my credit card and read off the digits while I type them into the entry box. If anyone wanted to see my credit card number, all they'd have to do is look at my credit card as it's lying on my desk - the fact that you use a password_field to hide the information will be of little use, and will most likely just annoy your users. It means they've gotta type their credit card number in _exactly_ without making a mistake, and can't re-read it to make sure they've entered it correctly.

Ever notice how password fields usually have a confirmation box? Since you can't see what you're typing, it makes it easy to make a mistake. By making the user type in their password twice, it helps eliminate any typos. But of course you wouldn't want to do the same thing with a credit card entry box. Typing in your credit card number once is bad enough, if I had to do it twice, I'd just as soon go to another website.

Mike