passing value from controller to view

require “rubygems” require “twitter” def login Twitter.configure do |config| config.consumer_key = ‘’ config.consumer_secret = ‘’ config.oauth_token = ‘’ config.oauth_token_secret = ‘’ end @client = Twitter::Client.new end In my tweet.html.erb **<% @client.home_timeline.each do |tweet| %>

<%= tweet.user[:screen_name] %> 
<%= tweet.text %>
<% end %>** Here i got the undefined method `home_timeline’ for nil:NilClass, Why cannot access that @client in view from controller? Thankyou vishnu

You can access it ok, it is just that it is nil. Is the login method being called in the action where you are seeing the problem? Debug into your action to check if necessary. Have a look at the Rails Guide on Debugging to find how to do this.

Colin

I have done like that <%= form_tag( { :controller => ‘users’, :action => ‘login’ }) do %> <% end %>

I am trying this for two days, i didn’t get any solution…?

I have done like that <%= form_tag( { :controller => 'users', :action => 'login' }) do %> <% end %>

I am trying this for two days, i didn't get any solution..?

Please don't top post, it makes it difficult to follow the thread, and also means that you do not look at each point in the previous mail and answer the questions. Insert you replies inline in previous message. Thanks.

So because you have not top posted you have not answered my question: Is the login method being called in the action where you are seeing the problem?

And if you think it is have you taken note of my other suggestion to: Debug into your action to check if necessary. Have a look at the Rails Guide on Debugging to find how to do this.

If you reply make sure you address these points.

Colin