pass javascript date variable to rails controller as params

I have an application where jquery fullcalendar is implemented. On day click I need to pass the selected date as params to rails controller. When I alert the date inside dayclick function, I am getting the date in the format of "Tue Oct 30 2012 12:40:20 GMT+0530 (IST)".. But when I pass as params in jquery ajax to rails controller, it is passing blank. How do I get it in rails controller successfully. Please find my code for dayclick below.

dayClick: function(date, allDay, jsEvent, view) {               var date = $('#calendar').fullCalendar('getDate');               alert(date);               $.get("<%=update_projects_admins_users_path%>",                       {                         id:'<%=params[:user]%>',                         date_selected: date.getDate()                       },                       function(data)                       { $('.active_projects').html(data);                         //alert("Data: " + data + "\nStatus: " + status);                       }                       );             if (allDay) {                 alert('Clicked on the entire day: ' + date);                         }                   }

I don’t see any problems with your jQuery code. Are you sure you are using the correct route ? If you are sending this form to a default update rails action, the path correct path is not that one.