Partial refresh not working, but no errors

I've got a partial that I'm trying to refresh, but I don't get back any results, nor do I see any errors in Firebug. I'm guessing there's a problem with the DOM, but I'm not sure. Can someone else take a look and let me know where I'm missing something?

Controller:

def get_city_list     @show_javascript = true     @counties = StateList.find_by_state_code(params[:state_code])     render :update do |page|       page.replace_html 'city_select', :partial => 'city_list'   end

View:

<%= collection_select (:state_code, :state_code,StateList.find(:all, :order => "state ASC", :select => 'distinct state, state_code'), :state_code, :state, {:prompt => 'Select a state'}, {:id => :state_code }) %>

<div id="city_select">&nbsp;</div>

<%= observe_field :state_code, :url => {:action => 'get_city_list'}, :with => 'state_code' %>

THANKS!

I've got a partial that I'm trying to refresh, but I don't get back
any results, nor do I see any errors in Firebug. I'm guessing there's a problem with the DOM, but I'm not sure. Can someone else take a look and let me know where I'm missing something?

<%= collection_select (:state_code, :state_code,StateList.find(:all, :order => "state ASC", :select => 'distinct state, state_code'), :state_code, :state, {:prompt => 'Select a state'}, {:id
=> :state_code }) %>

<div id="city_select">&nbsp;</div>

<%= observe_field :state_code, :url => {:action => 'get_city_list'}, :with => 'state_code' %>

Have you checked that state_code is actually the id of the form
element you're interested in? I would expect it to be more like
state_code_state_code based on what you've got above.

Fred

Frederick Cheung wrote:

Have you checked that state_code is actually the id of the form element you're interested in? I would expect it to be more like state_code_state_code based on what you've got above.

Thanks for your help.

I had thought that I needed to observe :state_code, but I actually needed to observe 'state_code'

THANKS!!!