paperclip, authlogic and callback issue

I use authlogic for authentication and paperclip for handling user's profile picture attachments.

I use the following method to get the current_user

def current_user_session         return @current_user_session if defined? (@current_user_session)         @current_user_session = UserSession.find     end

def current_user         return @current_user if defined?(@current_user)         @current_user = current_user_session && current_user_session.record     end

and the following after_save callback to regenerate the profile image if the image has changed.

after_save do |user|         if user.image_changed?             Delayed::Job.enqueue ImageJob.new(user.id)         end     end

The current_user method issues a UserSession.find call and Looking at the docs it seems UserSession.tries to Log the user in, which results in an update to certain fields (updated_at, token etc. but not the profile image), which results in a save of the user record, which in my case results in after_save callbacks firing. This after save callback checks to see if there has been a change to user's profile image, which unnecessarily consumes time.

Now this is fine if the user indeed is trying to update profile, but since I use current_user in many different places within my app, this callback is getting fired (and its an expensive call), for no reason.

I understand this isn't exactly authlogic issue, but is there anyway I can avoid this, i.e. either not update the user record or somehow differentiate between what is a profile update and what is an update resulting from this UserSession.find login?

Thanks

Just speculating, but what if we rephrase the problem: the User after_save callbacks are expensive. Would it be possible to move whatever attributes the callbacks modify to another model?

your User.rb after_save callbacks to another model?