Own theme

Hi All,

I have created my own theme (background) using gimp. Can I use that in rails 3.

If so, how. As my hours of work will go down the drain.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Hi All,

I have created my own theme (background) using gimp. Can I use that in rails 3.

If so, how. As my hours of work will go down the drain.

Sounds like an html/design question. Whatever image(s) you want to use you can include in your application layout or other views files. You can use the image_tag helper: http://guides.rubyonrails.org/layouts_and_rendering.html.

Hi David,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I am able to use it if I divide my theme page(png file) into header, body, footer and use it respectively in the respective sections. But this approach has its own challenges, so I want to use as a single png file (theme) for the entrie page.

Also, without lables/fields etc. rails is able to display just the theme page.

Thanks for any help.

Regars,

Hi David,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I am able to use it if I divide my theme page(png file) into header, body, footer and use it respectively in the respective sections. But this approach has its own challenges, so I want to use as a single png file (theme) for the entrie page.

Also, without lables/fields etc. rails is able to display just the theme page.

I think if you just added your image to the application layout with the appropriate settings to make it full page, this would work. Although hopefully the size of the image is not too big — that is why designers tend to break images up into smaller parts.

As far as all other rendering, of fields and other rails generated data, this should all be able to be handled by css, so if you had page content, fields, forms, etc. they just get layered over your main image.

In application.html.erb I call _stylesheets and _headers.

There I use a custom.css.

So inside my custom.css I use background-color: (url:–)

This works just by itself but when I add other parts of the custom and header it does not work.

Regards,

Then this has nothing to with Rails -- you should post your question to a general HTML/CSS/web dev mailing list, after validating both markup and stylesheet(s).

Though "background-color (url:--)" ?? that's just obviously wrong; look at the CSS docs for starters.

Good luck,

Solved, I missed out a “;” that;s it.

Anyway thaks.