Overwrite ActiveRecord gem function in my rails app

Hi,

I would like to overwrite the function "quote" in ActiveRecord::ConnectionAdapters::Quoting for my whole rails application.

Unfortunelty, so far I was nt successfull. Maybe somebody can point me in the right direction?

Hi,

The theory I ve understood... Unfortunelty, ive got no idea how to actually do it.

I ve tried the following: I ve created a quoting.rb in my rails app lib folder. module ActiveRecord   module ConnectionAdapters # :nodoc:     module Quoting       def quote(value, column = nil)         my new code...

Afterwards I ve added a require of my little quoting file into my environment file... well, but that does not work So, you mentioned that just reopen the class and ... How do I actually do that?

Hi,

Ok, after some further try and errors... I ve achieved what I want with the following code: module ActiveRecord   module ConnectionAdapters # :nodoc:     class AbstractAdapter       # Quotes the column value to help prevent       # {SQL injection attacks}[Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia SQL_injection].       def quote(value, column = nil)

As suggested, I ve tried this time to overwrite the AbstractAdapter class and not the quoting module.

Thanks a lot.