output validations errors form causing type error?

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to output validation errors in a nested form? I suppose this should be possible, but I am experiencing an error message that I can't track down.

The error I get is the following : TypeError in Store/orders#create Showing app/views/store/orders/new.html.erb where line #45 raised: can't convert Array into String

This is ocurring in the following view code: <% form_for :order, @order, :url => store_orders_url, :html => {:class => "myform"} do |order_form| %>   <%= order_form.error_messages %>

I can't understand why this would be ocurring, because I was able to inspect the errors object for @order in the log, and it seems normal to me, I don't know why it cause errors in outputting errors to the view for this object. Here is the output of the inspect method:

errors object #<ActiveRecord::Errors:0x105c343c0 @errors= {"customer_billing_state"=>["must be present"], "card_number"=>[["is not a valid credit card number"]], "customer_select_state"=>["^State/ Province must be a U.S. state selected from the drop down list for customers in United States"], "card_verifiation"=>[["is required"]]}, @base=#<Order id: nil, created_at: nil, updated_at: nil, customer_id: nil, gst: #<BigDecimal:105d342c0,'0.0',9(18)>, qst: #<BigDecimal: 105d33ed8,'0.0',9(18)>, shipping_ca: #<BigDecimal:105d33ac8,'0.0',9(18)

, shipping_us: #<BigDecimal:105bfb840,'0.7E1',9(18)>, currency:

"USD", status: nil, comments: nil, customer_ip: "127.0.0.1", payment_method: "Credit Card", downloaded: nil, express_token: nil, express_payer_id: nil, card_type: "visa", card_expires_on: "2009-10-01">>

If anyone has any idea where I can start looking to debug this error, I would appreciated it very much.

Thanks, Sean

Please ignore my post, I discovered what the problem was. I had been manually adding errors to the order object from the validations of another model (active merchant's credit card class), and my mistake was that I had added the errors directly, but the errors for each attribute are an array of errors, so instead I just need to loop through them and they add them to my order object using the errors.add method. Just in case anyone else runs into a similar problem.

sean