ITA Software in Cambridge MA has an immediate opening for a Rails-savvy
intern. Below is the official posting, with all the ususal, uh,
BTW. There was a report that the mail link was broken, if it is, please
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ITA Software prides itself on technical excellence. Our algorithmic
innovations span the computer science fields of graph theory, parsing,
machine learning, databases, optimization, and distributed systems. Our
programmers write robust, efficient code using whatever language is
best suited to the task, be it LISP, C++, Java, Python, Perl, Ruby or
If you have computer science training, a love of hacking, and are
willing to endure the messy complexity inherent in a real-world domain
such as travel, apply now to gain valuable experience through our
-Maintain, enhance and deploy Web-based application written in Ruby and
Postgresql. Address issues including cross-platform compatibility,
performance, etc. The application is used internally within ITA
- The ideal candidate will have experience in Web development using
relational databases, Postgres preferred.
- Solid understanding of Linux is required.
- Coursework in datastructure and algorithms and an understanding of
operations on trees and graphs.
- Knowledge of AJAX and open source frameworks (scriptaculous, etc.).
- Experience doing AJAX work in Rails a plus.
- Self-starter with an ability to work with minimal supervision.
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com
* Job location is Kendall Sqaure
* Compensation: $20/hr.