One record too many stored, with NULL. Why?

Hi, I have a form, that after submit saves data in 2 different tables. It works fine, only in the member-table there is an extra record added, each time the user submits data, with in the rubric_idfield NULL. I checked the parsed data, and they are fine, no extra anything. Should be simple but I cannot pinpoint it. Please, if you could spare some time...

Code:

Action = Combination.transaction do     @members.combination = @combination     @combination.add_rubrics(@rubrics)     @combination.save     @members.save   end

add_rubrics =

def add_rubrics(rubrics)   rubrics.items.each do |item|     li = Member.new_rubric(item)     members << li   end end

new_rubric(item)=

def self.new_rubric(item)    li = self.new    li.rubric_id = item.id    li   end I'm convinced it has to be here, but I don't know why it happens.

Hi Fred, thanks for replying. Unjfortunately, I don't think that is the case. The rubrics all come from a predefined list, so there is no saving involved before @rubrics is created. That is what makes is so wierd for me.

Frederick Cheung schreef:

Yep. Iknow there must be a season for this extra record, and it's the first I've ever seen this. I even restarted my working sytem a few times (Mac OSX 4.8; MAMP, Locomotive, Textmate), with no difference. That's why I'm so... flabbergasted. (Like that word)

Frederick Cheung schreef: