Old file_column Causing Load Errors?

Hello,

I have an older production site that uses the file_column 0.3.1 plug-in for file attachment management.

When I try to run it under a new version of Mongrel, any model that includes file_column shows this in the log:

LoadError (Expected /server/appname/apps/appname/app/models/photo.rb to define Photo):

... unhelpful stack trace here...

This is with ruby 1.8.5 (2006-12-04 patchlevel 2) [i686-linux] on RHEL.

Is this a known issue? Anything that we can do short of yanking file_column and doing something else?

Thanks, Hunter

I had all sorts of problems with 1.8.5 of Ruby. Can you go down to 1.8.4 or up to 1.8.6? Sounds like you can if you’re switching out Mongrel too.

What version of Mongrel?

And can you post the unhelpful stack trace? :slight_smile:

Hunter Hillegas wrote:

I have an older production site that uses the file_column 0.3.1 plug- in for file attachment management.

When I try to run it under a new version of Mongrel, any model that includes file_column shows this in the log:

LoadError (Expected /server/appname/apps/appname/app/models/photo.rb to define Photo):

... unhelpful stack trace here...

This is with ruby 1.8.5 (2006-12-04 patchlevel 2) [i686-linux] on RHEL.

Is this a known issue? Anything that we can do short of yanking file_column and doing something else?

A possible quick fix for these sort of issues is to add "Photo" to your environment.rb file. Such pre-loading can avoid problems with require loops.

But sometimes you get that error message when there's some other type of error.