NoMethodError in action_view/helpers/form_helper.rb:302:in `value' After updating rails

Hello everyone

I have this rather strange problem. After updating rails from 1.1.6 to 1.2.2 I get these errors when using check_box and radio_button. Before everything was peachy... System: OS X (10.4.10), MySQL, Ruby 1.8.5, Rails 1.2.2

This is the line that seems to offend:

13: <p><%= check_box("tour", "is_festival") %><label for="tour_bezeichnung">Ist ein Festival (der Festivalname wird anstelle der Bands benutzt)</label>

The object, a CalendarTour (in @tour) is an object extended from ActiveRecord::Base.

The error report at the bottom reads as follows:

#{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_view/helpers/ form_helper.rb:302:in `value' #{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_view/helpers/ form_helper.rb:302:in `to_check_box_tag' #{RAILS_ROOT}/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_view/helpers/ form_helper.rb:210:in `check_box' #{RAILS_ROOT}/app/views/resys/calendar/enter_tourdates.rhtml:13:in `_run_rhtml_47app47views47resys47calendar47enter_tourdates46rhtml' #{RAILS_ROOT}/app/controllers/resys/calendar_controller.rb:411:in `save_tourdates'

I can't for the life of me find what's wrong. I get these random seeming errors in different FORMs...

Any ideas? Thanks a lot! al

I was able to fix this same problem by replacing my boot.rb and environment.rb files in my old 1.1.6 app with the same files from a freshly-generated 1.2.3 app. Still not sure what specifically caused it, but I suspect it's something with the gem code in the boot.rb file.

Seems like that took care of it. Very strange indeed. But thanks a lot! al

Ooops, I was too fast there... Went from lighttpd to mongrel... Now Rails tells me (via NoMethodError) that my "Artist" class has lost the method "quoted_id" which is derived from ActiveRecords as far as I can see... BUT: The funny thing is: If I call that one page (a FORM post) right after I restarted mongrel, it works. If I enter the data into the form again and then post the form, boom, the NoMethodError strikes. This is driving me nuts...

Tried changing the environment.rb / boot.rb again, was no use...

Any ideas anyone? Thanks! al