[newbie question]how to add a new view to a exist controller?

hello everybody , I am a newbie to Rails' world. I just start reading the book <Agile web Development with rails> one question. How can I add a new view to a exist controller?

we can use code:      rails generate controller controller_1_name [view_1_name view_2_name]

however. if I wanna add a view_3 to controller_1, how can I do with a single line command?

I have tried two ways First:     rails generate controller controller_1_name view_3_name     conflict Second     rails generate controller controller_1_name [view_1_name view_2_name view_3_name]     still conflict

Does anyone have a solution?

hello everybody , I am a newbie to Rails' world. I just start reading the book <Agile web Development with rails> one question. How can I add a new view to a exist controller?

we can use code: rails generate controller controller_1_name [view_1_name view_2_name]

however. if I wanna add a view_3 to controller_1, how can I do with a single line command?

could you not just create app/views/controller_1/view_3.html.erb?

Fred

Thank you for replying. Yes. I can just create a view_3.html.erb and add a new definition for view_3 as      def view_3           # some code      end

Is there no way to create all of them just by enter single line command ? Maybe in Rails 4 :smiley: ?