New Rails/Flex blog

Hi Guys n Gals...

I've finally got round to putting up a blog, my way of giving back to the community.

I'm going to cover stuff to with Flex and Rails, and some tidbits on syncing a huge legacy Filemaker (?!) database with Rails/MySQL.. from an in the trenches perspective.

Starting off with a case study of a Flex application I'm in the process of building which will be updated every couple of days as I get stuff done on it.

Blog: http://work.rowanhick.com/ Feed: Rowan Hick

Feel free to look around, comment, pick it apart, get some ideas etc....

Cheers Rowan

Rowan,

A big thanks for your contribution :slight_smile: Welcome to my RSS reader.

Nice. Welcome to my reader as well.

One comment, the site is a bit difficult to read for a color-blind person.

Looks good.

Just out of curiosity, what led you to go with WordPress?

Also, any chance of you upping the font size a little? Grey-on-grey and grey-on-black is hard to read. :frowning:

Joe

Joon & Joe

Good points about colour blind/small fonts etc... I just used a vanilla wordpress template... got to work on something more fitting and accessible.

Installing wordpress sometime's when it's all about convenience a 'one click install' of a package is certainly more appealing that setting up a rails app (even though I love rails, I don't love setting up a site!). I'm not the only one around with a PHP site for rails advocacy !

Thanks Rowan

Okay I've tweaked everything round, should be much more readable for anyone that had difficulties. Not tested on IE, but looks fantastic on Firefox/Safari.

Also a few fun little elements from my previous company's branding..... good for a laugh.

Cheers R