New Rails App : Pazap.com

I don't know why are saying that but the author should imperatively find out a designer! he is decreasing the website potential with the current design. And you could really make great business.

Not convinced ? take a look at designs here: http://happycodr.com/ they're all rails projects, may some of them are business class web app, but you can get ideas and improve greatly the site's graphics.

One advice: think simple.

Mahmoud M'HIRI mail: mhiri@ieee.org phone: Under request

That design is totally Terrible.

BUT, it might appeal to the youth who are looking for the books BUT ... the design takes away from your goal

the colors clash and its hard to read, counter intuitive to a site that is to help people SELL or BUY books, therefore the site needs first to BE readable

You have set peoples eyes off (a negative) and probably their brains (because of the poor color choices) remember ... first impressions count.

I agree, you need some GUI Work done by a professional.

What are your users saying about the site design, if anything?

have fun ....

for DIY developers

I agree that the design really could use some professional work to really blow this app to full potential. The forms do look clunky and the legibility is IMHO low. I urge you take the advice of many others and mine as well.

You have a great idea and the functionality wise I really like your app. I wish that would've been available to me when I went to college. I don't know how big a user base you have right now. Since you just launched I think it would be fairly small. You are not going to freak out anybody with a more usable design, on the contrary. I'm guessing you might still be on campus and there will be one or more designers there, too. Get in touch and at least let them give you some pointers and hints.