need some Module help

I am trying to use a gem called icalendar. It seems to work well enough. I am trying to import an ical file from horde/kronolith and apparently it uses an attribute called aalarm which apparently isn't in the standard ical definition. It seems that programs such as Korganizer just ignore the error.

But the module doesn't have that ability and when I try to import an ical file with that attribute, it tosses an error...

from script/console...

cal_file = File.open("icalout2.ics")

=> #<File:icalout2.ics>

cals = Icalendar.parse(cal_file)

NoMethodError: Method Name: aalarm

from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/icalendar-1.0.2/lib/icalendar/component.rb:413:in `method_missing'

from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/icalendar-1.0.2/lib/icalendar/parser.rb:179:in `send'

from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/icalendar-1.0.2/lib/icalendar/parser.rb:179:in `parse_component'

from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/icalendar-1.0.2/lib/icalendar/parser.rb:131:in `parse_component'

from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/icalendar-1.0.2/lib/icalendar/parser.rb:101:in `parse'

from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/icalendar-1.0.2/lib/icalendar/parser.rb:16:in `parse'         from (irb):33

So I need a way to either: 1 - extend the Module so that it accepts an aalarm attribute or 2 - tosses the attribute and its value and continues on (because I really don't need it anyway).

Any suggestions? I've had my Ruby For Rails book out all day and haven't been able to solve it.

Thanks Craig