mysql error on brand new application with one empty controller

I just purchased the rails space book, and I'm walking through. All I did so far was create the application, and the controller with three empty actions. When I try to navigate to any of them I get the following error: Mysql::Error in SiteController#index

#28000Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

I even went into the database yml file and put in the correct db password etc. I opened up another rails project I created and it works fine. I deleted the project and recreated it, and I get the same error.

I created the project using rails rails_space Then the controller using script/generate controller site index help about

What am I supposed to do with this?

Yes, once on the original application, then again when I created it the second time.

I'm working in the development environment. I even logged in using Mysql Administrator just to make sure it was working. I logged in and created the database.

When I try and stop, then start the server I get some bad errors. I'm going to try reinstalling mysql and see if that helps.

Ok, even after reinstalling, and restarting the computer I still get the mysql error. The service is running, and I'm positive I have the correct password in the yml file. Also, there is absolutely 0 sql in this application so far, only an empty controller.