mySQL databases and Radiant...uggg

Ryan Ororie wrote:

* Trying * (hard) to get Radiant CMS to work for me here. Based on these instructions:

http://wiki.radiantcms.org/Database_Configuration

I created my development database, but when I try to use the 'grant all' command to tell it the user name and pass this is what I get:

> grant all on radiant_cms_development.* to root@'%' identified by 'root'; ERROR 1044 (42000): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' to database 'radiant_cms_development'

I am assuming that I created it properly based on this:

bio4054059:radiant_cms rmorourk$ /Applications/MAMP/Library/bin/mysqladmin -u root -proot create radiant_cms_development bio4054059:radiant_cms rmorourk$

This is what the development portion of my database.yml file looks like after I edited it:

development:   adapter: mysql   database: radiant_cms_development   username: root   password: root   host: localhost   socket: /Applications/MAMP/tmp/mysql/mysql.sock

So I don't know why I am getting an "accessed denied for user" ping back, clearly those are the user name and password. Can I set the host on this file to anything localhost:3006 ?

I know I have been posting a lot, but you guys have been a big help so far - hoping the charity of knowledge continues. Thanks!

I feel like I got my rails setup off on the wrong foot - my mySQL stuff is buried under the MAMP installation, I'm using locomotive which as far as I can tell stops the terminal from setting up servers at the normal local host. (it must all be done via locomotive). Any other advise on how to "start-over" so to speak and use the proper way of doing things with nice default-esc paths?   

Is your 'root' user configured to have a password 'root'?

Cheers, Mohit. 12/26/2008 | 4:34 PM.