My rails application on Debian

Hello! I moved my rails application from win to deb-server (in order to get more performance) but i don't know where to place it... What path/to/folder is accepted? /opt/rails/myapp or /usr/src/myapp or some other?

Vitaly Kosenko wrote in post #969246:

Hello! I moved my rails application from win to deb-server (in order to get more performance) but i don't know where to place it... What path/to/folder is accepted? /opt/rails/myapp or /usr/src/myapp or some other?

Wherever you like. What are you using as a server? Passenger? And is this for production or development?

Best,

Yes, passenger. I used it for production purposes

Please quote when replying.

Vitaly Kosenko wrote in post #969283:

Yes, passenger. I used it for production purposes

Right. I usually put mine somewhere in /var/www along with the rest of the Apache or Nginx stuff, but it really doesn't matter much.

Best,

Please quote when replying.

Vitaly Kosenko wrote in post #969283:

> Yes, passenger. I used it for production purposes

Right. I usually put mine somewhere in /var/www along with the rest of the Apache or Nginx stuff, but it really doesn't matter much.

Okey, thnx! I undestand that it doen't matter. I only want to bring "some order" to server:)

Vitaly Kosenko wrote:

I create a user specifically for hosting the application and put the app in the users home directory. I do not use that user for any other purpose. YMMV

Norm Scherer wrote in post #969441:

Vitaly Kosenko wrote:

I create a user specifically for hosting the application and put the app in the users home directory. I do not use that user for any other purpose. YMMV

Yeah, I like running each app as a separate user, but I prefer to have all the code in one directory.

Of course, you could set up each Rails user account to have /var/www/whatever as its home directory.

Best,