Multi-page blog posts

Hi, everyone!

It has been a while since I posted here, given that I get to find most of my answers on google. However, there is one particular coding practice I am after, for which I have thought of a solution, as well as found the exact same solution for .Net.

Basically, I am working with a blog post model, where I sometimes need to spread a post into several pages. There are two ways I can think of. Create a model Post with a content field, and in the content field we add some tag that signals the page breaks, something similar to what wordpress uses. I would then have to write some code to split the content into several pages, and create the pagination code as well. The second alternative is to create a post model, and a pages model. The post model would have many pages, and the pages would belong to the post model. I can sort of see the advantages and disadvantages of both models, and to be honest, I would prefer the solution where I have a post model and a page model. But, given that I want to follow best practices, I was wondering what you guys have been using to sort this multi-page issue.

Could someone share his experience in this area?

I look forward to hearing from you guys.

Regards,

Fidel.

Augh, I was *just* reading something about this and cannot find it. They followed your first style, having something like <!--more--> where you want your page breaks in the post body.

Ok, thanks! I think I will go this route than.

Regards,

Fidel.