model association

Hi, I’ve generated 2 models (Player and Trainer) with the “generate scaffold” command with the following tables:

Player

name:string

last_name:string

trainer:string

team:string

Trainer

name:string

last_name:string

phone_number:string

team:string

I’ve set the association in the Player model class (belongs_to :trainer) and in the Trainer model class (has_many :player).

How to make this relationship effective? Should I just type rails generate migration ? Should I add some arguments?

I want the trainer to be connected to the player . Thank you for your assitance. I really appreciate.

Sandro

Hi, I've generated 2 models (Player and Trainer) with the "generate scaffold" command with the following tables: Player name:string last_name:string trainer:string team:string

Trainer name:string last_name:string phone_number:string team:string

I've set the association in the Player model class (belongs_to :trainer) and in the Trainer model class (has_many :player). How to make this relationship effective? Should I just type rails generate migration ? Should I add some arguments? I want the trainer to be connected to the player . Thank you for your assitance. I really appreciate.

Rather than answering your question I am going to suggest you start by working right through a good tutorial such as railstutorial.org (which is free to use online) including doing all the exercises. That will show you the basics of rails. The time spent will be very rapidly recovered.

Part of the reason for not answering the question is that once you have worked through the tutorial I expect you will see that you are not asking the right question. :slight_smile:

Colin

Hi Sandro, should it be “has_many :players” instead?

If it is many I believe the convention is plural? Then it should work! I believe!

Cheers,

Julio

I would say, Colin has given a sound advise. Do take a look at Activerecord Associations and other railsguides pages. They are really great!

Vineeth