migration problem

I use the following steps to create a model and migrate. However when it comes running 'rake db:migrate' it gave me the following errors. I suspect it is due to the fact that I was trying to put everything about blog in its own folder. Is this possible with migration or is there a different way of putting topics into their own folder. Here are the steps that I did.

1) ruby script/generate model 'blog/post' 2) rake db:migrate

It tried to create a constant 'CreateBlogPosts' which I don't think its suppose to. Anyone who can help or suggest something would be greatly appreciated. If I can't do it this way I'll go back to using 'script/generate model Post'.

Thanks in advance

The error it threw are:

(in /home/naruto/sites/geneva) ** Invoke db:migrate (first_time) ** Invoke environment (first_time) ** Execute environment ** Execute db:migrate rake aborted! uninitialized constant CreateBlogPosts /home/naruto/sites/geneva/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/../../ activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:266:in `load_missing_constant' /home/naruto/sites/geneva/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/../../ activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:452:in `const_missing' /home/naruto/sites/geneva/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/../../ activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:464:in `const_missing' /home/naruto/sites/geneva/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/../../ activesupport/lib/active_support/inflector.rb:250:in `constantize' /home/naruto/sites/geneva/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/../../ activesupport/lib/active_support/core_ext/string/inflections.rb:148:in `constantize' /home/naruto/sites/geneva/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/ migration.rb:366:in `migration_class' /home/naruto/sites/geneva/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/ migration.rb:346:in `migration_classes' /home/naruto/sites/geneva/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/ connection_adapters/mysql_adapter.rb:248:in `inject' /home/naruto/sites/geneva/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/ migration.rb:342:in `each' /home/naruto/sites/geneva/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/ migration.rb:342:in `inject' /home/naruto/sites/geneva/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/ migration.rb:342:in `migration_classes' /home/naruto/sites/geneva/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/ migration.rb:330:in `migrate' /home/naruto/sites/geneva/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/ migration.rb:297:in `up' /home/naruto/sites/geneva/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/ migration.rb:288:in `migrate' /home/naruto/sites/geneva/vendor/rails/railties/lib/tasks/ databases.rake:4 /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.3/lib/rake.rb:392:in `call' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.3/lib/rake.rb:392:in `execute' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.3/lib/rake.rb:392:in `each' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.3/lib/rake.rb:392:in `execute' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.3/lib/rake.rb:362:in `invoke' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.3/lib/rake.rb:355:in `synchronize' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.3/lib/rake.rb:355:in `invoke' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.3/lib/rake.rb:1739:in `top_level' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.3/lib/rake.rb:1739:in `each' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.3/lib/rake.rb:1739:in `top_level' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.3/lib/rake.rb:1761:in `standard_exception_handling' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.3/lib/rake.rb:1733:in `top_level' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.3/lib/rake.rb:1711:in `run' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.3/lib/rake.rb:1761:in `standard_exception_handling' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.3/lib/rake.rb:1708:in `run' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.3/bin/rake:7 /usr/bin/rake:16:in `load' /usr/bin/rake:16

thanks this worked. However, should migration have created the file properly like you mention instead of class CreatePosts < ActiveRecord::Migration?

yeah, I was trying to put all models belonging to blog inside its own subdirectory.

Again thanks for the help.