member variable in controller

I have a news_controller. The 'show' action shows an article, and at the bottom of the page there is a form to submit a new comment. The show method sets @article member variable to the article about to be shown.

def show     @article = Article.find(params[:id])   end

When the addcomment action is called, when the submit clicked. I need to know the id of the article in the addcomment method.

def comment     comment = Comment.new     comment.article = @article #this does not work     comment.text = params[:comment][:text]     comment.created = DateTime.now     if comment.save       flash[:notice] = 'Comment was successfully added.'     end     redirect_to :action => 'show'   end

My form looks like this: <% form_tag :action => 'comment' do %>   <%= render :partial => 'commentform' %>   <%= submit_tag "Submit" %> <% end %>

and _commentform.rhtml is <%= error_messages_for 'comment' %> <p> <label for="comment_text">Comment</label><br/> <%= text_area 'comment', 'text' %> </p>

I think my question is very simple, hopefully I articulated it well enough... Am I attacking this from the wrong direction?

~S