Mac Phusion Passenger Pane not working

I have a feeling that this is something centered around my apache/Passenger configurations but everything seems to check out.

Another off the hand problem I'm having, and might be a clue is w/ my Passenger Pane. I installed the Phusion Passenger Pane and every time I try to add an entry, I get this error:

"Your changes couldn’t be saved   See the Console log for details."

I have a feeling that this is something centered around my apache/Passenger configurations but everything seems to check out.

Another off the hand problem I'm having, and might be a clue is w/ my Passenger Pane. I installed the Phusion Passenger Pane and every time I try to add an entry, I get this error:

"Your changes couldn’t be saved See the Console log for details."

So what did the console log say?

Fred

I wasn't sure exactly which the console log was for the Passenger Pane. I checked all Apache logs as well as the development.log of the project.

Frederick Cheung wrote in post #994089:

I wasn't sure exactly which the console log was for the Passenger Pane. I checked all Apache logs as well as the development.log of the project.

open the console app (/applications/utilities/console) and check the console messages section

Fred

I'm geting this permissions related output:

Apr 21 10:54:18 clem-c-rock-2 System Preferences[52999]: Applying changes to Rails application: /Library/WebServer/Documents/ROR_tests/file_upload_progress1 Apr 21 10:54:18 clem-c-rock-2 System Preferences[52999]: Starting Rails application: /Library/WebServer/Documents/ROR_tests/file_upload_progress1 Apr 21 10:54:18 clem-c-rock-2 System Preferences[52999]: Saving configuration: /private/etc/apache2/passenger_pane_vhosts/file_upload_progress1.local.vhost.conf Apr 21 10:54:18 clem-c-rock-2 authexec[56414]: executing /usr/bin/ruby Apr 21 10:54:18 clem-c-rock-2 System Preferences[52999]: Error -60031 in AuthorizationExecuteWithPrivileges

Been googling these errors and so far, no luck.

I'm geting this permissions related output:

Easiest thing is probably to reinstall the preference pane

Fred

Found the solution! http://www.robbyonrails.com/articles/2009/02/11/switch-to-passenger-mod_rails-in-development-on-osx-in-less-than-7-minutes-or-your-money-back

The Fix: the fix is to make a symlink from where Ruby is installed to where the Passenger Pane expects it to be installed.

NOTE: Before you run the symlink command you should probably remove the Passenger preference pane, done by right-clicking on it and selecting Remove “Passenger” Preference Pane.

which ruby (to get your ruby path)

To make the symlink, run the command: ln -s /opt/local/bin/ruby /usr/bin/ruby.

Reinstall the Passenger Preference Pane and try adding a project.

Big thanks for your help Fred!

Frederick Cheung wrote in post #994314: