Login with Ajax

I'm trying to create an Login Form, that is retrieved via Ajax and creates a Session via Ajax.

In my Login Form I typed <%= form_tag sessions_path, :remote => true do %>

Session Controller   def new     respond_to do |format|       format.js     end   end

And in my session vier directory I created a js.erb $(".login").update("<%= escape_javascript(render('sessions/new')) %>");

the login class spans the whole content of my login form, but trying to open the login form only throws me a completely blank page :confused:

Is my jquery function not allright, or am I missing out on something? I appreciate any kind of help!

The default method for a form_tag is a POST.

But in your controller you are only showing a the #new method (GET). Should it not be #create?

you are right, but I'm not only trying to execute the login post via ajax, but also retrieve the login form via ajax first. Once I accomplish this, I can go to the next step.

Right now I want to open the login form in a small popup box, that is retrieved by ajax :confused:

What is missing in my Source Code?

Thanks for your help!

But unfortunately I can't quite follow you.

1. You mean I should be redirected to my login page, with the login-content being invisivle?

Actually I want some kind of Login Box, that pops up anywhere, since several features in my application are filtered by a "require login" helper-method.

I bothered to find a way redirecting to the current page after a login, and using ajax I wouldn't have to deal with that. So I need a Solution that replaces any "redirec to login_form"-method with an event, that pops up a login-box!

So far my Login (creating the Session) is working fine. My Login Form looks like this <%= form_tag sessions_path, :remote => true do %>

I also have put this login form in a partial, that is rendered by jQuery, whenever I click on "login" which doesn't have a path-helper but only a class.

So what I'm missing out is, that this only works, when I click on "login", but once a login is required due to a "require_login" method, I get redirected to my Loginform Page.

This is my Helper Method

def require_login     unless user_signed_in?       redirect_to login_path,         alert: "You need to login first"     end   end

How do I change that so I don't get routed to some other page, but a hidden div gets revealed? render :partial => "sessions/login" only renders a compoletely white page with no styles.

This is my jQuery function

$(document).ready ->   $(".button_login").click ->     $(".login").show()

It only responds to this very login button, but not the redirecting method...

I hope you can follow me and help me out...thanks in advance!!