LDAP Authentication fails with ñ character in password.

Hi Guys,

I've got a rails application that uses activeldap to authenticate users. Its been working great for about 6 months now, but a user from mexico started using it recently, but can't seem to login. I've narrowed it down to the fact that his password contains a ñ character in it. This problem is also present in a test user account I've setup. ActiveLDAP uses ruby/ldap libarary and from what I can tell it fails there as well. I've also tried the net-ldap code and it fails there as well. Is seems like a low level encoding issue and I could really use the help to solve it. It looks like everyone of the ruby LDAP libraries are dead in development, so I'm seeking help from a much larger community.

Any ideas? Perhaps I need to encode the unicode password or something?

Your suggestions are both welcome and really needed.

Thanks Everyone, Jim

Do you guys need more information? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks?

Do you guys need more information? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks?

> Hi Guys, > > I've got a rails application that uses activeldap to authenticate > users. Its been working great for about 6 months now, but a user from > mexico started using it recently, but can't seem to login. I've > narrowed it down to the fact that his password contains a ñ character > in it. This problem is also present in a test user account I've setup. > ActiveLDAP uses ruby/ldap libarary and from what I can tell it fails > there as well. I've also tried the net-ldap code and it fails there as > well. Is seems like a low level encoding issue and I could really use > the help to solve it. It looks like everyone of the ruby LDAP > libraries are dead in development, so I'm seeking help from a much > larger community. > > Any ideas? Perhaps I need to encode the unicode password or something? > > Your suggestions are both welcome and really needed.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.