Position: Head - Deployment
In the Deployment role you will create configuration tools that help
the software engineers launch ground-breaking new products and
features to millions of users worldwide while ensuring a high level of
scalability, uptime, and responsiveness in every product.
All team members must have strong analytical and troubleshooting
skills, fluency in coding, good communication skills, and most of all
enthusiasm for tackling the complex problems of scale. We tackle
challenging, novel situations every day, and work with just about
every other engineering and operations team at Cleartrip in the
No of Positions: 1
Reports to: VP- S/W Engineering
• Partner with software developer teams across the engineering and
product team to launch / release ground-breaking products to users
across the world.
• Carry out deployment of multi technology (Java, Ruby on Rails, PHP,
LAMP) applications to staging, testing and production environments as
and when required.
• Build tools, automate deployments with accuracy to accelerate build
deployments of various applications
• Plan, design, develop and implement build tools for daily/ nightly
automated build deployment.
• Engage with product development teams as throughout the design and
development process, advising and assisting them for incorporating
features for easier system deployment, service maintainability,
service monitoring capabilities, infrastructure fitment and
integrating their products into the production environment with a very
• Provide infrastructure upgrade/configuration change requirement to
operations team for fast and accurate build deployments.
• Configure mission-critical systems that make our products reliable
• Mentor and Train the operations team to enable them to efficiently
monitor and maintain desired uptimes for all services.
• Provide early feedback to development team on design and
architecture with regards to easy & efficient deployment and
manageability of applications in 24x7 environment.
• Configuration management process/documentation.
• Carry out production readiness tests. Build and certify testing/
staging/production environment and provision infrastructure for
Experience / Skills (Preferred):
• Engineering Graduate
• Very good knowledge of deployment process/configuration management
• Ability to write build automations scripts, service management
scripts for multiple technology applications
• Knowledge of build / deployment tools such as Ant, Capistrano, etc
• Very good knowledge of source code version controls, SVN, GIT
• Prior experience in development and deployment management in online
portal environment desired but not mandatory
PHP, Perl, shell scripting.
• Knowledge of database & Sql for basic database admin on MySQL and
• Basic knowledge of networking, load balancers, storage systems, NFS
• At least 8+ years of hands-on software development & deployment
• Prior experience developing web applications and dynamic HTML UI’s
is a plus.
• Very good working knowledge on Unix, preferably Linux OS.
• Good understanding of application security concepts specific to
• Should have ‘hands on’ experience
• Should be an individual contributor and able to work independently
Personality Attributes / Traits:
• Good verbal and written communication, with the ability to rapidly
learn and explain technical concepts.
• Initiative, leadership, and proven ability to work in a team and
interact with various stake holders, very process oriented.
• Ability to champion change management and process implementation by
obtaining buyins from across the development, product and operations
• Very result oriented, ability to think out of box. ability to build
and implement innovative solutions.