internationalization problem

Hi,

I am using the Gloc plugin, and had everything working nicely for one language, namely English. When I added a second language file (french), I suddenly can't load any views without an error. The stack trace looks like this:

"és " ./script/../config/../vendor/plugins/gloc/lib/gloc-internal.rb:147:in `iconv' ./script/../config/../vendor/plugins/gloc/lib/gloc-internal.rb:147:in `_set_valu e_charset' ./script/../config/../vendor/plugins/gloc/lib/gloc.rb:181:in `actual_load_locali zed_strings' ./script/../config/../vendor/plugins/gloc/lib/gloc.rb:180:in `each' ./script/../config/../vendor/plugins/gloc/lib/gloc.rb:180:in `actual_load_locali zed_strings' ./script/../config/../vendor/plugins/gloc/lib/gloc.rb:179:in `open' ./script/../config/../vendor/plugins/gloc/lib/gloc.rb:179:in `actual_load_locali zed_strings' ./script/../config/../vendor/plugins/gloc/lib/gloc.rb:166:in `each' ./script/../config/../vendor/plugins/gloc/lib/gloc.rb:166:in `actual_load_locali zed_strings' ./script/../config/../vendor/plugins/gloc/lib/gloc-dev.rb:76:in `_assert_gloc_st rings_up_to_date' ./script/../config/../vendor/plugins/gloc/lib/gloc-dev.rb:74:in `each' ./script/../config/../vendor/plugins/gloc/lib/gloc-dev.rb:74:in `_assert_gloc_st rings_up_to_date' (eval):3:in `_l' ./script/../config/../vendor/plugins/gloc/lib/gloc.rb:17:in `l' ./script/../config/../app/models/operator_ap_record.rb:43 /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.4.2/lib/active_support/ dependencies. rb:203:in `load_without_new_constant_marking' ....

I checked that iconv is installed, and it seems to be, so I don't think that is the issue. I also tried explicitly setting the character set to both utf8 and ISO-8859-1 for the french language file, but that didn't seem to make a difference either. Has anybody else run into this issue, or have any suggestions as to what might be happening?

Thanks,

Simon