Installation Questions

I have tried over and over to find how people have created their translators. The one and only clue I found was someone who was working with Ruby Rails. I know there are hundreds of programming languages out there, but I am unable to find a clue to the one I need. I do know I will need a database, but that alone won’t get the job done. So I am at a loss at this point. If Ruby isn’t my answer, then I am at a standstill.

I have tried over and over to find how people have created their translators. The one and only clue I found was someone who was working with Ruby Rails. I know there are hundreds of programming languages out there, but I am unable to find a clue to the one I need. I do know I will need a database, but that alone won't get the job done. So I am at a loss at this point. If Ruby isn't my answer, then I am at a standstill.

The first thing to do is write a rough specification for what your application has to do. Then you can decide on the tools. Ruby is a programming language, Ruby on Rails is a framework which uses Ruby (and other tools) to build a web application. If you need a web application, and particularly if you need a database, then RoR may be a good option. If it is not a web application then Ruby (without Rails) may still be an option.

Colin