install is hanging up

Hello

I am trying to load ruby on rails on my windows computer, and I ran across railsinstaller. I like the way it is set up, and the video instructions are great, but...

Everything is working great up until the 1:54 min point in the video. In the video, a Windows security alert pop-up appears. "Window firewall has blocked some features of this program", is what the alert is about. I am not getting that pop-up. Instead the program just sits there. the last line that I see is the WEBrick:HTTServer#start...

I am using window 7, and my pop-up blocker is off. I get these types of pop-up alerts for other things like loading software. My uac is set to default.

Someone please help me get this straightened out.

Thank you for your help Jeff

Jeff Kyzer wrote in post #1047750:

Hello

I am trying to load ruby on rails on my windows computer, and I ran across railsinstaller. I like the way it is set up, and the video instructions are great, but...

Everything is working great up until the 1:54 min point in the video. In the video, a Windows security alert pop-up appears. "Window firewall has blocked some features of this program", is what the alert is about. I am not getting that pop-up. Instead the program just sits there. the last line that I see is the WEBrick:HTTServer#start...

I am using window 7, and my pop-up blocker is off. I get these types of pop-up alerts for other things like loading software. My uac is set to default.

Someone please help me get this straightened out.

Thank you for your help Jeff

Hi Jeff,

If you have skype, that may cause issue.