In-page popup not supporting DOM structure/properties

In my current app, I have an in-page popup(those semi-transparent ones like you find on Facebook) for login, which has only two fields: login and password. I am not able to set focus in the login field.

document.getElementById('element').focus(); doesn't seem to work. document.getElementById('element') returns "null".

I have a link for 'Login' on the 'Home Page'. When user clicks on the Login link, an in-page pop is rendered on the same page, so you can see the 'Home Page' in the background, but focus is on the 'Login popup'. I think that's because we have two layers of documents, one the 'Home Page' and second the 'Login' popup'. So something wrong with the DOM structure. Not sure...

Does anyone know how to handle this situation?

Thanks in advance

Adhiraj

In my current app, I have an in-page popup(those semi-transparent ones like you find on Facebook) for login, which has only two fields: login and password. I am not able to set focus in the login field.

document.getElementById('element').focus(); doesn't seem to work. document.getElementById('element') returns "null".

I have a link for 'Login' on the 'Home Page'. When user clicks on the Login link, an in-page pop is rendered on the same page, so you can
see the 'Home Page' in the background, but focus is on the 'Login popup'. I think that's because we have two layers of documents, one the 'Home Page' and second the 'Login' popup'. So something wrong with the DOM structure. Not sure...

It shouldn't require anything special, assuming all your markup is
nice and tidy. You're also asking for trouble if you've got multiple
page elements with the same id (which can easily happen by accident)

Fred

I am actually using this statement:

document.getElementById('login').focus(); But it doesn't seem to work. There is no other element by the same id. I did check it.

But doesn't seem to work.

Adhiraj

Worked it out...

I solved it out by using:

render :update do |page|   page.call(function, *arguments, &block) end

http://api.rubyonrails.org/classes/ActionView/Helpers/PrototypeHelper/JavaScriptGenerator/GeneratorMethods.html

Cheers...

Adhiraj

Adhiraj Rankhambe wrote:

I have a link for 'Login' on the 'Home Page'. When user clicks on the Login link, an in-page pop is rendered on the same page, so you can see the 'Home Page' in the background, but focus is on the 'Login popup'. I think that's because we have two layers of documents, one the 'Home Page' and second the 'Login' popup'. So something wrong with the DOM structure. Not sure...

Does anyone know how to handle this situation?

Thanks in advance

Adhiraj

Hi,    in javascript function use like            "document.forms[0].elements[0].focus()"