I'm looking for deployment help - $350

I'm looking for someone to deploy a Ruby/social networking site for $350. I've had a developer estimate it could take about 8 hours to complete. I'm not a programmer, but I've been told insoshi would be a good off-the-shelf solution. If you can think of a better way, I'd consider other open source solutions as well.

Here is a detailed description that would appear on the independent contractor agreement, and is negotiable. If you have alternative to slicehost.com, I'm open to suggestions. Please let me know if you or someone you know would be interested:

Social Networking Site ("SNS") with the following fully functioning features:

Home page Signup page and process different access levels for: guest, member, admin member profiles area (including uploading photos and other profile customization options) browsing of member profiles searching of member profiles polls area quizzes area events area shopping area forums chat

Install fully functioning production environment "from scratch" on Client's "256 slice" account at Slicehost.com. Install database to securely store SNS data, such as forum posts, member profiles, passwords, polls. Test SNS to make sure it functions properly and completely in Client's "256 slice" production environment. Guide Client in installing all necessary client-side software to administer the SNS and production environment. Guided walk-through that confirms that Client can operate and administer the SNS and production environment. Informal documentation, as Contractor deems necessary.

I do not expect any graphics/layout design for this budget - just the essential SNS functions.

Please email your qualifications (c.v. or resume) and availability asap. Looking to launch asap. Looking for qualified people for additional deployements down the road as well.

Thank you. nationwideforum@gmail.com

Nationwide Forum wrote:

I'm looking for someone to deploy a Ruby/social networking site for $350. I've had a developer estimate it could take about 8 hours to

My personal opinion, whatever that is worth, is that 8 hours is an incredible underestimate for writing something from scratch. There might be an existing open source project that provides everything you want, and in that case, 8 hours to get it set up and running might be reasonable. But I've worked in development long enough to know that vague requirements like "polls", "quizzes", "shopping", and "forums" generally open up very large cans of worms.

There are people who could do it for less than me, for sure, but I wouldn't even consider that project for less than about 10 times the offered amount.

Peace, Phillip