I'm expereinceing bugs with Firefox and Firebug

First, this may appear to be a little off-topic, but, then again, I don't think so. I'm going to guess that at least 85% of rails developers use Firefox with Firebug installed, so, my posting here is appropriate.

I'm trying to ascertain if others are experiencing the two major annoyances that I am. I am on Mac OSX 10.4.

1. Firefox crashes a lot. I suspect it is a this is due to leaky javascript. All this means is that I have to restart my browser a lot. Not the end of the world, but, annoying nonetheless. Does anyone have any insight here, minor google searching has not turned up anything useful to me.

2. Firebug. I was playing around with the breakpoint functionality, and I got Firebug into a state where I cannot unset a breakpoint, thus, every javascript error brings up fire bug. I've tried re-installing firebug, to no avail.

1. Firefox crashes a lot. I suspect it is a this is due to leaky javascript. All this means is that I have to restart my browser a lot. Not the end of the world, but, annoying nonetheless. Does anyone have

any insight here, minor google searching has not turned up anything useful to me.

Firefox + Firebug causes problems for many people lately, as evidenced by Google searches that contain both terms.

First, disable Firebug. Then add “localhost” (w/o quotes) to Firebug’s Allowed Sites list. Now, Firebug will run only for websites you’re developing instead of every site that you visit in Firefox. Of course, you can add any other sites you’d like to check to the Allowed Sites list. This setup has vastly improved the stability of Firefox + Firebug for me, though I still have the occasional crash.

1. Firebug. I was playing around with the breakpoint functionality, and I got Firebug into a state where I cannot unset a breakpoint, thus,

every javascript error brings up fire bug. I’ve tried re-installing firebug, to no avail.

I’m sorry, but I don’t have any advice for this one.

Good luck, Craig