I have issue in Rails Server

it was worked fine before i installed sqlite3 by this method Install the Ruby Devkit for your setup (DevKit-mingw64-64-4.7.2-20130224-1432-sfx.exe for me since I use a x64 machine) Download and extract the autoconf package from Sqlite.org Run msys.bat (it is inside the ruby devkit root folder) cd into the path where you downloaded the sqlite source (for example: “cd /c/dev/sqlite3” for path “c:\dev\sqlite3” if you are new to MSYS/MINGW32) Run “./configure” Run “make” Run “make install” Get the sqlite3 gem again, this time specifying the platform and the path to the newly compiled binaries:

Now when i run rails server it shows me this instead of running the server

It is usually better to copy/paste this type of error rather than posting an image. When running rails s you must be in the root folder of a rails app, is there an app in c:\Sites?

Colin

First the code was not copy from cmd or may be i don’t know how to copy from there and second of all yes there are 3 to 4 apps are there

First the code was not copy from cmd or may be i don't know how to copy from there and second of all yes there are 3 to 4 apps are there

First, on Ubuntu to copy from the terminal use Ctrl+Shift+C, I don't know whether this works on Windows but I am sure that if it does not then google will tell you how to do it.

Second you cannot have 3 to 4 apps in one folder, you can have apps in sub-folders of Sites, but you must run the server in the folder that is the root of the app, that is the folder that contains the subfolders app, config, db etc. The server only runs one rails app at a time.

Colin

C:\Sites\demo_app>rails s

C:/RailsInstaller/Ruby2.2.0/lib/ruby/gems/2.2.0/gems/sqlite3-1.3.12/lib/sqlite3.

rb:6:in `require’: 126: The specified module could not be found. - C:/RailsIns

taller/Ruby2.2.0/lib/ruby/gems/2.2.0/gems/sqlite3-1.3.12/lib/sqlite3/sqlite3_nat

ive.so (LoadError)

from C:/RailsInstaller/Ruby2.2.0/lib/ruby/gems/2.2.0/gems/sqlite3-1.3.12

/lib/sqlite3.rb:6:in `rescue in <top (required)>’

from C:/RailsInstaller/Ruby2.2.0/lib/ruby/gems/2.2.0/gems/sqlite3-1.3.12

/lib/sqlite3.rb:2:in `<top (required)>’

from C:/RailsInstaller/Ruby2.2.0/lib/ruby/gems/2.2.0/gems/bundler-1.13.6

/lib/bundler/runtime.rb:91:in `require’

/lib/bundler/runtime.rb:91:in `block (2 levels) in require’

/lib/bundler/runtime.rb:86:in `each’

/lib/bundler/runtime.rb:86:in `block in require’

/lib/bundler/runtime.rb:75:in `each’

/lib/bundler/runtime.rb:75:in `require’

/lib/bundler.rb:106:in `require’

from C:/Sites/demo_app/config/application.rb:7:in `<top (required)>’

from C:/RailsInstaller/Ruby2.2.0/lib/ruby/gems/2.2.0/gems/railties-5.0.0

.1/lib/rails/commands/commands_tasks.rb:88:in `require’

.1/lib/rails/commands/commands_tasks.rb:88:in `block in server’

.1/lib/rails/commands/commands_tasks.rb:85:in `tap’

.1/lib/rails/commands/commands_tasks.rb:85:in `server’

.1/lib/rails/commands/commands_tasks.rb:49:in `run_command!’

.1/lib/rails/commands.rb:18:in `<top (required)>’

from bin/rails:4:in `require’

from bin/rails:4:in `’

C:\Sites\demo_app>

here is the code sir and like here i am pointing to my demo_app and than run the rails server and again it shows this message

Here I am afraid I cannot help. Few developers use Windows so you may find it difficult to get help. If no one here can help you could try the railsinstallers google group. However my advice would be to install a Linux OS such as Ubuntu and develop using that. You could install in a Virtual Machine under Windows or dual boot your PC between Linux and Win.

Colin

To add to Colin’s advices:

• You can have an IDE online, in the cloud, with everything you need by using C9.io. Register for free, create a Rails environment, and all you need is set up for you!

Ad