HTML page source not updated.

Dear all

After I search something, it can successfully display the result in the browser. However, I view the Page source and found that the HTML code between the 'event_list' div tag is not updated , the content is same as before searching....It is so strange. This problem happen in both IE and firefox...

Any idea?

Thank you very much.

Valentino

Source code for reference. View <% form_remote_tag :html => {:action => "index", :id => 'event_form'},           :update => 'event_list', :before => "$('spinner').show();$('event_list').hide()", :success => "$('spinner').hide();$('event_list').show()" do %>

<%= submit_tag "Search" %>

<% end %>

<div id="event_list">     <%= render :partial => 'event_list' %> </div>

Controller     def index

if request.xml_http_request?             respond_to do |format|                 format.html {render :partial => "event_list"}             end         end     end

Dear all

After I search something, it can successfully display the result in the browser. However, I view the Page source and found that the HTML code between the 'event_list' div tag is not updated , the content is same as before searching....It is so strange. This problem happen in both IE and firefox...

I think browsers are just lazy about updating the page source. If the changes you've made actually display then i wouldn't worry about it

Fred

If you install the firebug extension for firefox there is an option to view the "generated source".

Cheers, Nicholas

Some browsers reload the page when viewing the source code. So you wont see any changes done by ajax callbacks.