how to use logger.info to debug

How can I use logger.info to output data to development.log so that I can then just "tail" that log, rather than getting information overload?

It looks to me like the the SELECT resulting from FeedsController#add_some_tags is causing the ActiveRecord::HasManyThroughCantAssociateNewRecords error message, but I can't be sure.

A portion of the log is at http://strawr.googlecode.com/files/development.log for download, BTW.

Also, why do they write "deprecated" instead of "depreciated"?

-Thufir

Thufir wrote:

How can I use logger.info to output data to development.log so that I can then just "tail" that log, rather than getting information overload?

you simply write

logger.info "my text"

and will find "my text" in development.log

or: @my_var = "something" logger.info "foo: #{@my_var}"

to get "foo: something"

[...]

@my_var = "something" logger.info "foo: #{@my_var}"

to get "foo: something"

When I get home I'll play around with it. I need to determine why I'm getting ActiveRecord::HasManyThroughCantAssociateNewRecords , that the records have no id. The records do have an ID field, which isn't null, but somehow that information isn't getting to where it needs to:

ActiveRecord::HasManyThroughCantAssociateNewRecords in FeedsController#add_some_tags

Cannot associate new records through 'Feed#colors' on '#'. Both records must have an id in order to create the has_many :through record associating them.

-Thufir