how to save module variable on every requestrails

Hi,

I have module that imports data from json file to hash. Json file is pretty big so I don't want loading to take place on every request because it takes some time. It would be best to do this just on server start. I have a class variable in module called "data" which I'd like to set only on server start and then I can access to it on every request with SomeModule.data (I use mattr_accessor). I tried to import data in application config.after_initlize method but id doesnt work - data persists only on first request and on second request data is nil.

Is there any way to do this beside session, and can you give little explanation on this. I know I can save this data in session but I'd like to do this other way.

Thanks in advance

aldm alert wrote in post #1093626:

I have module that imports data from json file to hash. Json file is pretty big so I don't want loading to take place on every request because it takes some time. It would be best to do this just on server start. I have a class variable in module called "data" which I'd like to set only on server start and then I can access to it on every request with SomeModule.data (I use mattr_accessor). I tried to import data in application config.after_initlize method but id doesnt work - data persists only on first request and on second request data is nil.

Is there any way to do this beside session, and can you give little explanation on this. I know I can save this data in session but I'd like to do this other way.

Use of class variables, especially in Ruby, are generally considered a bad idea.

Read this to understand why and for some possible solutions: