how to pass data from one page to another

Dear all, i want to enter "quantity ordered" in the textfield on product page, then click "view location", to view the location of the product ,then choose the location and submit to make a reservation, but i want to know how can i pass "quantity ordered" from product page to location page. Thanks

Daisy Di wrote in post #1041719:

Dear all, i want to enter "quantity ordered" in the textfield on product page, then click "view location", to view the location of the product ,then choose the location and submit to make a reservation, but i want to know how can i pass "quantity ordered" from product page to location page. Thanks

It sounds a lot like you should rethink your models. Would any of those routes make sense for what you are doing?

foobar.com/quantity/new ? foobar.com/location/new ?

No they dont. What would make sense is this: foobar.com/reservation/new or foobar.com/order/new

So when creating a new order you can choose the products, the quantity and show the location of the products. Otherwise you are making the product or the location model do something that they shouldnt really be doing.

This would be my approach at least.