how to handle admin section of a saas application

Hi   Mine is a sass model application. Various companies can register. Each company has there own admin and ordinary staff and respective actions etc. I have implemented this with proper privileges,permissions. This is the way till I could manage. My new requirement is a super admin (he can do functionality to any companies. For an example, manually activate account company1's admin user)     My question is what approach should I take to implement this? 1) Implement all functionalities of this super admin to a super admin name space. If I follow this approach will there be a lot of code duplication?

2) Treat this super admin as another system user (For example my existing user types are company_admin, staff) and give him privilege and permissions to the required actions.

This two ways come into my mind. Is there any other approaches? Please give me some insights on this

Thanks

I'm kind of in the same boat as you right now and have been tossing around different ideas in my mind for a while.

As of last night, I'm leaning towards building a basic API with Grape (https://github.com/intridea/grape), and then building a separate small private app that uses the API to interact with the main app's data.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has solved this problem in this way, or any others.