How to get the responseText from an Ajax.request (urgent!)

Hello all

is it possible? I have a select list, and "onchange" event i am using a remote_function, when it is completed, I wanted to execute a javascript: $(this).next(.'product_price').value = "RESPONSE_TEXT_FROM_AJAX_REQUEST"

there is some way to do this?

supply an onComplete or an onSuccess handler, eg :complete => '...' what you give will be wrapper in a function declaration where request will be the request that completed (and so request.responseText is what the server rendered). Just check that 'this' is what you think it is

Fred

flaubert wrote:

I have a select list, and "onchange" event i am using a remote_function, when it is completed, I wanted to execute a javascript: $(this).next(.'product_price').value = "RESPONSE_TEXT_FROM_AJAX_REQUEST"

there is some way to do this?

An alternative to the other answer - don't reply with raw text. Write your action like this:

def action      result = whatever(params)      render :update do |rjs|        rjs.replace_html :product_price, convert_to_html(result)      end    end

I don't know how convert_to_html will convert your result; its return value must be a string of well-formed HTML. The benefit is you do all this on the server side, so the resulting Javascript is more likely to work with more browsers.