How do we DELETE this new Rails 2.0 "Cookie Store"?

In the past, I would run this code to clear my session and cookie variables;   def clear_session     session[:user_id] = nil     cookies[:user_id] = nil     cookies[:password_hash] = nil   end

I would then go into my \Docs & Settings\user_name\cookies and clear out the cookie file. Now, in Rails 2.0 (using the new SECRET key) I can't seem to LOCATE? what file this is being stored in so I can; 1. Clear it out (in code) 2. Delete it manually I expect this is a common question. Thank you, Kathleen

I assume you're talking about the new cookie based sessions. If so that's the point of them, there is no longer any files or database entries to worry about. The session store is on the client's web browser in a cookie. No more maintenance of old session data is required.

This has a few limitations especially with size. I believe that cookies can be up to 4k bytes. So you must keep your session data small, which is what you should be doing anyway. The other reason to keep them small is that they get transmitted between the client and server each request. So again, make sure they are small (i.e. keep a few ids and maybe small bits of other information but that's all).