Hola! Here is what to expect working at Thrillophilia!
Before we get to know more about you here is what you need to know about Thrillophilia. We are a travel start-up in tours and activities travel domain. Start-ups are always interesting with great learning opportunities but it comes with a lot of instability. We have crossed the first barrier of being cash positive and are also backed up by VC and angel firms growing at 200% every year. The Hyderabad Angels and CIIE (IIMA) are major investors in the company with some great folks who have built very scale able tech business online.
Passion for whatever we do is in the DNA of everyone at Thrillophilia.com. Well growing companies are not built without it. Call us crazy, but alongside of whatever we do we also live travel, breathe travel, heck we even dream about it sometimes. We are trying to change the way the local experiences and activities are booked in India till date.
Do you want to help drive the direction of Thrillophilia.com as part of a talented, passionate team? Are you raring to work somewhere very fast-paced and fun?
We want to hear from you.
About the role:
The Thrillophilia web team is responsible for Thrillophilia.com, a place that inspires travellers, and generates complete business for the company.
We’re proud of our products, strong curation process of choosing products and delivery, which leads to great customer delight and now with your help about the evolving technologies behind Thrillophilia.com. We want engineers (ie – technology geeks) that want to build stuff quickly, probably break things along the way and fix it even faster. We use lean principles. We value rapid deployment, metrics driven engineering and experimentation.
We love open source development and encourage developers to open source their work or contribute to open source projects. Do you contribute to an open source project or write a blog? Let us know. We’re interested in what you’re excited about.
- love and have mastered Ruby on Rails (and hopefully some other languages too)
- bore friends by talking about test-driven development and automated testing frameworks, make fun of some of the technology challenged folks in the team like me who just think backpacking is everything.
- are unable to live without source code management (we use GitHub)
- need to understand technology problems as part of a broader product vision, strong believer of automation of everything.
- have passion for travel and interest in building systems that will help travellers.
At Thrillophilia we:
- support a healthy work-life balance
- work as a unified team across Design, Development, Product, Operations and other broader groups of very talented people
- are pretty relaxed about most things (everyone now and then swears, you have been duly warned)
- don’t really care what you wear (so long as you are somewhat clothed)
- are obsessed with travel (not all of us).
Thrillophilia is currently based in Bangalore. Across Thrillophilia we’re working with large amounts of content from our amazing authors and a growing number of other sources so we can continue to deliver rich, up to date content to travelers across a variety of products and platforms. Thrillophilia has served more than 50,000 travellers till date and has made the strongest name when it comes to activity travel in India.
Perks – Besides all the normal perks at Thrillophilia we promise to push you from the aircraft for a free Skydive static jump.