highlight and pagination

I made a search-field which shows all hits and highlights the all words searched for:

def suche

if params[:link][:suchfeld] == "description"               @description = "show"               @highlight = params[:suche]           end

@link_pages, @links =             paginate :link, :order_by => 'url',             :conditions => ["#{params[:link][:suchfeld]} LIKE ?", "%"+params[:suche]+"%"],             :include => [:member],             :per_page => 3

end

view:

<% if @description %> <div class="link_initial_description" id="link<%= link.id %>"> <%= highlight(link.description, @highlight, highlighter = '<strong class="highlight">\1</strong>') %> </div> <% else %> <div class="link_initial_description" style="display:none" id="link<%= link.id %>"> <%= link.description %> </div> <% end %> <%= pagination_links(@link_pages) %>

Everything works fine when I get only 1 result page. When I get more pages and click the pages_link highlighting no longer works.

You have a nil object when you didn't expect it! You might have expected an instance of Array. The error occurred while evaluating nil.

WHat can I do?

Thanx

Sounds like when you go to the second page, you no longer have params[:link][:suchfeld] set.

Also, there may not be a reason to set @highlight = params[:suche]. The params are available to the View and you can just do: <%= highlight(link.description, params[:suche], highlighter = '<strong class="highlight">\1</strong>') %>

But I think your problem isn't the highlighting, it's that the action suche is expecting params[:link][:suchfeld].

HTH, Kevin