High CPU usage problem.

Hi, I’ve been working with ruby on rails now for around 4 weeks, I am having several issues with an apps I’m working on that was not developed by myself, the site was made by a company that we no longer in contact with. I’m running the site locally and seems to be running fine apart from I cant send out the newsletter via the admin section, it doesn’t come up with any error and looks like on the log its should be sent out fine. So I decided to see if I was missing a gem that may be required for this to be sent out. I was given a list of required gems by the developer and on this list there was a mail factory gem. I can’t seem to install this gem locally (on windows) and when the gem is installed onto the server (Linux) it makes the CPU usage go from 4% to 80% and the site was taken down by the hosting company. I’ve been working with this for a round 2 weeks now on this problem and have started to become a bit desperate. Does anyone know of any reason why the mail factory gem may be causing this increase or if there is a similar gem that could be used? Cheers Chris

can't help you with mail factory

we use the ActionMailer for all our mailing. i don't know if this mail factory offers any special functionality, that ActionMailer doesn't cover, but for simple sending around some newsletters or any other everyday mailing like forgotten password or registrations ActionMailer is good enough

Thanks for the quick reply, ive changed to active mailer and seem to be running alot better, ive no idea what or why mailfactory is used for and as i say i didnt develop the site, but nevermind thanks for your help. Chris