[HELP] - Ruby Drag and Drop script on screen element in Mac OS

Hi All ,

I am new to the ruby , i want click the object on element ( any object , Ex: Calculator) after click i need Drag and Drop the

element continuously for some time , please let me know how to do it in ruby in Mac OS ?

Thanks ,

Muthu Selvan SR

You'll need to use JavaScript for this. Ruby doesn't run in the browser, and drag events aren't sent to the server every. Click events only get sent to the server if they are on a link. With JavaScript, you can attach listener functions to almost any interaction gesture you like. These functions can in turn trigger HTTP requests or other DOM events or behavior.

Walter

Hi All ,

I am new to the ruby , i want click the object on element ( any object , Ex: Calculator) after click i need Drag and Drop the

element continuously for some time , please let me know how to do it in ruby in Mac OS ?

You’ll need to use JavaScript for this. Ruby doesn’t run in the browser, and drag events aren’t sent to the server every. Click events only get sent to the server if they are on a link. With JavaScript, you can attach listener functions to almost any interaction gesture you like. These functions can in turn trigger HTTP requests or other DOM events or behavior.

Walter

Thanks water , I know javascript to some extend ,i want to drag the element which is in Mac Desktop , is it possible to send the mouse event the objects which is in MAC Desktop …? if yes please let me procedure for this …?

Regards.

Muthu Selvan SR

> Hi All , > > I am new to the ruby , i want click the object on element ( any object , Ex: Calculator) after click i need Drag and Drop the >
> element continuously for some time , please let me know how to do it in ruby in Mac OS ?

You'll need to use JavaScript for this. Ruby doesn't run in the browser, and drag events aren't sent to the server every. Click events only get sent to the server if they are on a link. With JavaScript, you can attach listener functions to almost any interaction gesture you like. These functions can in turn trigger HTTP requests or other DOM events or behavior.

Walter

Thanks water , I know javascript to some extend ,i want to drag the element which is in Mac Desktop , is it possible to send the mouse event the objects which is in MAC Desktop ..? if yes please let me procedure for this ..?

You can drag and drop a desktop element into a browser, and after setting up the appropriate JavaScript in that browser, you can detect the drop on a particular element and do something with that dropped file. Look at the Flickr photo uploader for inspiration there. This is definitely not a Ruby thing at all, it's pure JavaScript / Browser tech.

Walter

Hi All ,

You’ll need to use JavaScript for this. Ruby doesn’t run in the browser, and drag events aren’t sent to the server every. Click events only get sent to the server if they are on a link. With JavaScript, you can attach listener functions to almost any interaction gesture you like. These functions can in turn trigger HTTP requests or other DOM events or behavior.

Walter

Thanks water , I know javascript to some extend ,i want to drag the element which is in Mac Desktop , is it possible to send the mouse event the objects which is in MAC Desktop …? if yes please let me procedure for this …?

You can drag and drop a desktop element into a browser, and after setting up the appropriate JavaScript in that browser, you can detect the drop on a particular element and do something with that dropped file. Look at the Flickr photo uploader for inspiration there. This is definitely not a Ruby thing at all, it’s pure JavaScript / Browser tech.

Walter

Water ,

Is this is tool or java script … ? if it script can you please share the code / link to me …?

Thanks ,

Muthu Selvan SR

Look at the Flickr photo uploader for inspiration there

Muthu Selvan wrote in post #1113021:

Are you trying to make a Rails web application, or a Mac desktop application? If the latter, you have the wrong list. Try the ruby-talk list instead.