[Help] Rendering a partial with link_to function&effects

Hello,

I'm trying to render a partial with link_to_function. In a partial called "_search" I'm calling the method "searching" from search_helper.rb as follows :

<div id="search"><%searching%></div>

The method searching looks like this :

def searching     tags = @tags.strip     tags_array = tags.split(' ')       search_tags = tags_array.collect do |tag|       %(<span class="tag">#{tag}</span><a href="#{link}">X</a>)       end   end

As you see the following link is created for each element in tags: tag1X tag2X tagX ...(X is a link)

Now I want to render a partial, which BlindsUp und Down with the visual_effects helper BlindUp,BlindDown when clicking on a link next to the link "X".

I tried :

def myhelper     page.replace ("nav", :partial=>'searchnavi')   end

def searching     tags = @tags.strip     tags_array = tags.split(' ')       search_tags = tags_array.collect do |tag|       %(<span class="tag">#{tag}</span><a href="#{link}">X</a>{link_to_function "V" do |page|   page.myhelper end}<div id="nav"></div>)       end   end

Is this the right way to do this? Perhaps somebody could give me a hint how I could first render a partial an then BlindUp and BlindDown it smoothly over the <div id="search><% search %> </div> and not in it (like a DrowDown menü).

Thanks for your help and ecxuse my bad english :slight_smile: