Help on formatting some HAML

I wondered if anyone could help me with turning the following in ERB into HAML. I'm VERY new with HAML:

Matt Royer wrote:

I wondered if anyone could help me with turning the following in ERB into HAML.

Do you mean ERb and Haml? :slight_smile:

I'm VERY new with HAML:

Run it through html2haml and see what you get. Note, however, that it will usually produce

%span   = content

where you generally want

%span= content

Other than that, it's great to help you get started.

[...]

I have tried it a few different ways to convert this to HAML, but I'm messing it up on this secion (which is the meat of the document):

---- <ul> <% @orders.each do |order| %>

<li><span class="pull-2 box"><%= "#{leading_zeros order.id}" %></span> <%= link_to "#{order.name}", order, :remote => true %></li> <span class="rightside"><%= link_to 'Delete', order, :confirm => 'Are you sure?', :method => :delete %></span>

<li class="time_space"><span class="quiet small time"><%= distance_of_time_in_words_to_now(order.created_at, :include_seconds => true) %> ago</span></li>

<% end %> </ul> ----

I have it in HAML as:

----

%ul= @orders.each do |order|   %li   %span.pull-2.box= "#{leading_zeros order.id}"   = link_to "#{order.name}", order, :remote => true   %span.rightside= link_to 'Delete', order, :confirm => 'Are you sure?', :method => :delete   %li.time_space   %span.quiet.small.time= {distance_of_time_in_words_to_now(order.created_at, :include_seconds => true)} ago   = end

That's not even close to right. You need to learn about the use of - instead of = in Haml. Reread the language reference.

----

I'm not sure how to correct this. Any help on formatting the ruby code would be greatly appreciated. That's where it seems to fail on me. I have multiple spans on the same line in ERB. Should I do each span on its own line?

Yes. Haml has no notion of multiple elements on one line. If white space is an issue, you can use Haml's < and > modifiers -- or include bits of HTML or ERb if you really need to (it is *occasionally* necessary to do so).

Best,

Marnen Laibow-Koser wrote:

Run it through html2haml and see what you get. Note, however, that it will usually produce

%span   = content

where you generally want

%span= content

Other than that, it's great to help you get started.

PERFECT! Thanks Marnen!