help me pls:Tracking mails in rails

hai friends can anone help me to provide a way to implement the following using rails.

i created a mail campaign application.if a user successfuly created a campaign he will be getting a mail.

1. how i can track that someone opens the mail? what i did is just pass some parameters like used id , campaign id along with this.then i created one table to store the resulting url, campaign id, user id, and count. can anyone tell me about he controller method . is ma way is correct or not?

2. if one user got a mail and he forward that mail, how can i track ordetect the forward mail count.

Thanks,

tony

hai friends can anone help me to provide a way to implement the following using rails.

i created a mail campaign application.if a user successfuly created a campaign he will be getting a mail.

1. how i can track that someone opens the mail?

As discussed in your previous post it is not possible to do this reliably. Consider emails you receive yourself for example. Do you want the sender to know when you open it on your personal PC? In principle this could allow him to determine things about you that you want to keep private. Are you at home at a particular time of day for example.

Colin

Colin Law wrote:

Notice that I said it cannot be done _reliably_. Frederick suggested a method of including a image link in the email which can be logged at your site to indicate that the receiver has viewed the image. This will only work if the recipient has his email viewer setup to automatically open images, which many do not. Whatever mailchimp say they cannot guarantee it, they would not be able to detect that I had opened one of their mails for example.

Colin

Colin