HAML including CSS and JavaScript

Hello,

how to include CSS file with Haml? Every way I tried puts the href=… infos after the tag, not inside, like:

href="style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"

In reference I onlye read about JavaScript, not any word about CSS. But Javascript also didn’t worked, how should make include it?

Thanks in advance,

Zoltán

Zoltan Gero wrote in post #964407:

Hello,

how to include CSS file with Haml?

Use Rails' stylesheet_link_tag helper.

Every way I tried puts the href=... infos after the tag, not inside, like: <style>href="style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"</style>

You need to learn about how to do attributes in Haml (hint: braces are involved; read the docs).

In reference I onlye read about JavaScript, not any word about CSS. But Javascript also didn't worked, how should make include it?

Same way.

Thanks in advance, Zoltn

Best,

Sorry, “half-solved”, this was the solution:

%link(rel=“stylesheet” type=“text/css” href=“style.css”)

Without space between link and ( and in Sinatra /public/ is not necessary, this is default, so it will find the CSS file there.

Maybe others will have the same problem, so I shared. But JavaScript still doesn’t want to be included, please help.

Thanks,

Zoltán

Please ask questions such as this only on rubyonrails-talk, not rubyonrails-core. Core is reserved for discussion such as patches or feature requests to the framework.

Thank you.

Oh yes, your solution is better, thanks Marnen!